My short story:
I first felt the benefits of massage therapy in my teens for a spinal disorder. After the first few sessions it was immediately clear that I wanted to bring the benefits of therapeutic touch to those looking for results. Through experience, advanced education, and research, I’ve managed to create a therapeutic model that centers around body awareness, personal accountability, and whole body healing.
How is Massage By Carey different from others?
Massage By Carey is a sole practitioner massage & bodywork studio. This means:
- This isn’t a “massage mill”. I get to know you personally and all massage appointments are completed by me.
- I value your time and money. Some massage establishments only provide a 50 minute massage. When you book a 60 minute massage with me, you get 60 minutes of hands-on time. We can accomplish a lot in those 10 minutes.
- By offering all inclusive pricing, sessions are fully customized to provide an exceptional, results driven experience.
How am I different from other massage therapists?
- Board Certified
- Licensed Massage Therapist for 11 Years
- Licensed Massage Therapy Instructor
- Certified Medi-Cupping Therapist
- BS Degree in Health Science
- AS Degree in Biology
- Member American Massage Therapy Association
- Member Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals
- Advanced training in nutrition, exercise science and holistic medicine
- Experience as a medical assistant, patient advocate and healthcare manager