My short story:
I first felt the benefits of massage therapy in my teens for a spinal disorder. After the first few sessions it was immediately clear that I wanted to bring the therapeutic benefits of touch and holistic wellness to those that were searching for the same. Through my various life and work experiences, formal and personal education and research, I’ve managed to create a therapeutic model that centers around mind/body awareness, personal health accountability, and wholistic healing.
How is Massage By Carey different from others?
Massage By Carey is a sole practitioner massage & cupping “studio”. This means:
- This isn’t a massage mill, and you aren’t just a number. I get to know you personally and all massage appointments are completed by 1 therapist….me!
- I value your time and money. If you book a 60 minute massage then you will receive 60 minutes of hands-on time. You don’t book a 1-Hour massage and only get 50 minutes of hands-on time and 10 minutes for interview and changing. I can accomplish a lot in 10 minutes and I would rather give that to you then as a way to easily book “on the hour”.
- By offering flat fee rates, massage sessions are fully customized and all-inclusive in order to provide an exceptional experience.
How am I different from other massage therapists?
- Board Certified
- Licensed Massage Therapist for 10 Years
- Licensed Massage Therapy Instructor
- Certified Medi-Cupping Therapist
- BS Degree in Health Science
- AS Degree in Biology
- Member American Massage Therapy Association
- Member Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals
- Advanced training in nutrition, exercise science and holistic medicine
- Experience as a medical assistant, patient advocate and healthcare manager