Privacy and Security Notice
We protect your information using physical, technical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risk of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. We use SSL, PCI (payment card industry) and HIPAA (health insurance portability and accountability act) security standards. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls, and information access controls. We make every reasonable effort to protect our customers’ private information and to store it securely in accordance with the above standards.
(Updated July 2, 2020)
Face Masks are required for entry.
If you do not have a face covering you will not be allowed to enter the studio and must reschedule. Our studio treats a very diverse population, this can help keep myself, and other clients safe and healthy
Newly added symptoms can mimic allergies and you must reschedule your appointment if you or anyone you’ve been in contact with has had any of the following symptoms:
- Feeling feverish or a measured temperature of 100.0F or greater.
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Chills or repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain or body aches.
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell.
- Nausea or vomiting
- Runny nose
Update your intake form by completing the COVID-19 prescreening questions and sign the consent and liability waiver prior to your appointment. This updated intake form will apply to ALL appointments. If at any time your health status changes you must inform Massage By Carey immediately and reschedule. A link will be provided in the reminder email.
Required to wash hands upon entering the studio and before you leave.
Practice social distancing.
We continue strict adhereance to sanitation procedures between sessions. If you arrive early, and the front door is locked you may wait on the bench outside or in your car until the previous client leaves and we have completed sanitation procedures.
TEXT 512-983-9943 to let us know when you have arrived.
- Payment is due when services are rendered.
- There is a $35 charge for all returned transactions.
- All customers are required to place a credit card on file.
- All sales are final. No returns or exchanges.
- Any prepaid session(s) remain on the clients account unless the client requests to transfer the account credit to another individual. Prepaid sessions expire one year from date of purchase.
- We accept all major credit cards, Check, Cash, PayPal, ApplePay, Venmo, Zelle, Cash App, Flexible Spending (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Safety and Professionalism
We maintain a professional and safe environment. Any behavior outside of a professional and acceptable manner will not be tolerated. This also includes inappropriate voice-mails, emails, texts, etc.
- Hours are by appointment only.
- We reserve the right to reschedule an appointment if the client is sick with a communicable illness, i.e. cold, flu, respiratory illness, etc. Soft tissue work is not recommended during these types of illness(s). We also do not want to be exposed to cold/flu as we see several clients a day.
- We reserve the right to reschedule, cancel or move appointment times as the therapist deems appropriate. Should we need to cancel your appointment without giving 24 hour notice, you will provide an account credit to use in the future.
No Show and Late Cancellation
- If your appointment is not fulfilled, you are still obligated to pay the full session fee. This policy has been established to help us better serve you.
- It is necessary for us to make appointments in order to see our clients as efficiently as possible. “No Show” and “Late-Cancellations” cause problems that go beyond a financial impact on our small business.
- When you reserve a time with us, we not only guarantee your appointment and service length, we are also turning away others who might want your spot.
- We respect and value your time and want our time respected as well. “No Show” and “Late-Cancellations” delay the delivery of health care to others.
- A “no show” appointment is not showing for a scheduled appointment OR arriving more than 15 minutes after your scheduled appointment. A “late cancellation” is not contacting our office to cancel 24 hours in advance.
- We understand that situations such as medical emergencies occasionally arise when an appointment cannot be kept and adequate notice is not possible.
- We will try to make reasonable accommodations if necessary, however in an effort to apply this policy fairly to all of our clients, please do not ask us to make any exceptions.
- Furthermore, due to the importance of consistency in sessions, 3 or more late cancellations and/or missed sessions could result in the discontinuation of care.
- Gift Certificate must be presented at time of service.
- Gift Certificatesd are good through expiration date noted on the certificate. Typically 1-year from date of purchase.
- We do not fulfill gift certificate redemption after the expiration date. However, if you contact us prior to the expiration and the clinic is booked past the expiration it will be extended for one month.
- Please understand we may not be able to accommodate same day appointment requests. Please plan accordingly when scheduling redemption of your gift certificate.
- No show and late cancellations forfeit the gift certificate.
- Gift Certificates ARE transferable, BUT cannot be combined, exchanged, or redeemed as cash.
- Limit (4) per purchase per person. Individual accounts cannot exceed a credit of 10 sessions.
Special Offers & Promotions
- Friends & Family Loyalty Program: You give 30, you get 30! For every new client you refer, you get 30% off any session. How does it work?
When you refer a new client, offer them the friends and family discount. When your referral fulfills their appointment they will receive 30% off their entire session. Then, you will get an email notification that your referral fulfilled their appointment and you will receive 30% off your next session! Fine Print: Limit one offer per customer per referral.
- Introductory Offer: All new customers will receive a 60 min. session for $65. Good for one-time use. Cannot be combined with other offers.
- Birthday Discount: Receive $20 off any service the month of your birthday. Didn’t receive a birthday email? Just present government issued ID to receive discount.
- 10% Off Package: We offer a 4 session package at a 10% discount. Packages expire in 1 year.
- Discounts & Promotional Offers cannot be combined, exchanged, redeemed as cash, limit (4) per purchase.
- Individual accounts cannot exceed a credit of 10 sessions. All sessions expire 1 year from date of purchase.
What To Expect
Although no two massages are alike, there are some things that are universal. Sessions generally take place in a quiet, comfortable room. It may be dimly lit and soothing music is often played.
The practitioner will begin by asking questions, such as the reason you are seeking massage therapy, any injuries or medical conditions you may have, and any other information that may help them better serve you. The massage therapist will then excuse himself/herself so you can disrobe to your level of comfort. You will then get on the table under the provided cover and relax, either face up or face down.
You will be draped at all times – only the area being worked on will be exposed. A typical full body session includes your head, face, neck, shoulders, arms, hands, back, buttocks, abdomen, legs, and feet. Oil or lotion is often used to allow glide.
When the massage is complete, the practitioner will leave the room so you can get dressed. Sit up slowly and, in the hours after your massage, drink plenty of water. You can even do some extra stretching, ice to reduce inflammation, and bathe in epsom salts to reduce toxicity and soreness. There are many types of massage, so each experience varies.
Client education and body awareness are integral components of each treatment as we mutually identify patterns of pain and dysfunction. Together we develop individual treatment plans which address your specific needs and goals.
Relaxation, pain relief and injury prevention will be priorities during the massage including specific work on areas of stress or injury. Enhancing your ability in terms of daily activities or athletic performance will be emphasized.
It is my hope that after each treatment you will leave feeling noticeably better, more relaxed and ready to engage the day with positive energy. Regular therapeutic massage, especially in the context of a plan, contributes to sustained good health and increased function.
History of Massage Therapy
Massage is believed to be one of the oldest forms of medical care, dating back to the pharaohs of ancient Egypt. Its vital role in healthcare was universal. In 2700 BC, a Chinese book of internal medicine recommended “the massage of skin and flesh”. More than two thousand years later, Hippocrates – the father of modern medicine – wrote that “the physician must be acquainted with many things and assuredly with rubbing” (the ancient Greek word for massage).
Today, the term massage therapy is used to describe the manipulation of soft tissue – muscles, skin and/or tendons – by fingertips, hands, fists, elbows and even feet. Bodywork is a general term for manual techniques that involve touch and movement and are used to promote health and healing.
Almost a quarter of all American adults have received at least one massage in the past twelve months. And the number continues to grow as more and more people discover the benefits of massage – for relaxation, rehabilitation and rejuvenation.
What are just some of the benefits of massage?
Many people think of it as a luxury, but massage is much more than simple relaxation. The therapeutic benefits of massage continue to be studied, but research has shown it to be effective in:
• Decreasing pain
• Reducing anxiety and stress
• Improving range of motion
• Decreasing carpal tunnel symptoms
• Reducing muscle soreness
• Boosting immune system
• Lessening depression
• Relieving back pain
• Promoting tissue regeneration
• Easing withdrawal symptoms
• Treating cancer-related fatigue
• Easing labor pain and stress
• Relieving migraine pain
• And more