NEW updates concerning COVID-19 and Massage By Carey
- On March 19, 2020 Governor Abbott issued an Executive Order that included the closure of all “Massage Parlors”. You may have noticed large and small massage establishments closing and wonder why I am still open. I am a Licensed Massage Therapist with a business structured as a sole practitioner working from a home office, therefore I am not under the same directive as an establishment. I am not required to obtain an establishment license nor defined under the Texas Administrative Code as a “massage parlor”.
- Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation the governing body for my profession added to that order: “TDLR reminds other practitioners that they must continue to observe sanitary requirements”.
- On March 19, 2020, Dr. John Hellerstedt, commissioner of the Texas Department of State Health Services,declared a public health disaster in Texas.
- In addition to the above orders, guidelines and recommendations, Massage By Carey has been implementing the following:
- Requiring ALL clients complete a COVID19 Screening Questionnaire 24 hours prior to their scheduled appointment.
- Limiting appointments.
- Increasing time between appointments to thoroughly clean and sanitize after each client.
- Removing the 24 hour cancellation fee. Clients will no longer be charged for having to cancel last minute. However, please try to provide notice.
- 20-55% off rates, due to the financial hardship many are facing.
- No longer allowing guests to rent out my Airbnb room in my home.
- Personally AND Professionally I continue to follow all the necessary laws, guidelines and recommendation as outlined from those governing bodies as well as the CDC.
- On a more personal note:
It is important for all of us to think outside of ourselves and our bubble. To be considerate of all the other people our actions or inactions may have on our local communities, the State of Texas and the Nation. If you decide to schedule a session, myself and others are trusting that you are strictly following the above guidelines to mitigate the risk in our community. Let us do our best to keep each other safe and protected.
I know that many private practitioners have chosen to shut down. There is a lot of industry shaming going on right now which is disheartening. I’m aware there will be some people that think I do not care for the safety and health of others if I remain open. This is far from the truth.
Why? Because we value massage therapy as a healthcare service, and we realize not all decisions, thoughts and feelings are black and white. We are all doing the best we can with the information we have and acting according to our own conscious while factoring in the care, concern and safety of others. A temporary closure of Massage By Carey may be imminent.
Currently, we have a choice to decide if massage therapy is an essential or nonessential appointment to follow through with. Many of you have physician ordered prescriptions deeming massage therapy as medically necessary, you feel not being able to schedule a massage session could place your physical and mental health more at risk.
However, for those that are not comfortable getting massage therapy during this time, and wish to self-quarantine beyond the required social distancing directives, I understand 100%. I support you in this decision and I will be here upon your return. In the meantime, please continue to support my business from a distance so I can continue providing care to you and others now and in the future. You can do this by:
- Prepaying a session or a package to use in the future. (Use the gift certificate option to prepay for services and fill out your information. Click “Dollar Amount Gift Certificates” for packages.
- Does someone you know have anxiety, stress, pain, tension, insomnia? Give them the gift of massage.
- Stay subscribed to these emails
- Follow my personal/professional Instagram
- Set up a 30 minute Self-Care Consultation to receive in-home self massage and self-care recommendations.
Love to All,
Owner | Licensed Massage Therapist